Here are some new photos of the Hawkins project in GREATWOOD
Here are a few more pictures of the custom swimming pool built by one of the worlds 250 certified swimming pool builders. Backyard innovations is creating a custom pool with paramount in floor cleaning system . 40 long weeping wall , deck jets and a tanning ledge with bubbler.
Here are some waterfalls backyard innovations is going to model the ranch project after . 100 Ton waterfall , 75 foot weir wall with a 7 foot spillover ., over 500 gallons per minute !!
Here are some photos of the final stage plaster on a renovation in houston . This swimming pool had major structural deck issues no working skimmers or returns and no pool light .
We removed the deck , tile , coping , skimmers. Replumber the pool added a light , added a travertine deck and glass tile . The final step plaster is underway !!
At Backyard Innovations we believe in using energy efficient eco select Pentair pool equipment on every project . Pentair products are warranted for 3 years and lead the industry in technology.
brand is the keystone of the Pentair Water Pool and Spa® program to meet the dual objectives of a growing percentage of pool owners: save money and make more eco-friendly choices. It all starts in our product development department. We have dedicated senior staff whose sole mission is to assure that new and re-engineered products are the most eco-friendly and operationally efficient on the market. You’ll see the Eco Select brand associated with several existing products and systems that already meet these standards. These products save energy, save water, eliminate or reduce noise, or otherwise contribute to a more environmentally responsible equipment system. In every case, a product that earns the Eco Select brand is clearly our “greenest” and most efficient choice 21st century swimming pool pumps, Standard pool pumps can consume as much energy as all other home appliances combined—often costing more than $1,000 per year! IntelliFlo pumps can typically cut energy use up to 90%, generally saving $620 to $1,360 in utility costs annually—more where rates are higher than average. We will show you an example of the average swimming pool owners cost savings using this pump and the new LED intillbright lights.
Exclusive, advanced motor technology typically provides base savings of 30%
- IntelliFlo pumps use an exclusive permanent magnet motor (used in hybrid cars) in place of a traditional induction motor. Permanent magnet motors are fundamentally more energy efficient and provide a typical “base energy savings” of 30%.
Onboard intelligence with variable drive can deliver additional savings up to 90%
- Variable speed capability, digital controls, and proprietary software that allow custom programming of optimum pump speeds for specific tasks—filtering, heating, cleaning, spa jets, waterfalls, etc. The result is additional energy savings…up to 90% compared to even so-called high efficiency, single-speed, two-speed and multi-speed pumps that cannot be adjusted.
- For virtually all applications, the optimum speed will be lower than the preset, unchangeable speeds of older pumps. Using slower speeds takes advantage of a fundamental pump law: slower is far more efficient. In fact, when pump speeds are reduced by half, energy consumption is just one-eighth of what was previously used.
The quietest pumps ever built
- The exclusive permanent magnet motor that is so critical for energy savings is also a totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) design. This combination, along with slower operating speeds, is responsible for IntelliPro pumps being the quietest pumps you can install. At typical speeds you can barely hear them operating.
Longer trouble-free service life than conventional pumps
- Advanced motor produces far less heat and vibration than traditional induction motors for dramatically longer equipment life. TEFC design protects against all threats posed by an outdoor environment.
- Features built-in diagnostics that detect and correct conditions that cause premature failure, thereby protecting against overheating, freezing and voltage irregularities. IntelliFlo VF also detects loss of prime.
New Model with Added Safety Features
IntelliFlo VS+SVRS pump is the first pump with an integrated Safety Vacuum Release System (SVRS), which provides an important layer of entrapment protection. Its built-in controller and proprietary software detect blockage of the drain and automatically turn the pump off within seconds.
IntelliFlo VS+SVRS meets ASME A184.108.40.2062 standards, thereby complying with new Federal legislation related to public pools (Virginia Graeme Baker Pool Safety Act), as well as a growing number of state and local statures for residential pools where entrapment protection measures are required.
21 st century Swimming pool lighting LED Color-changing pool and spa lights
IntelliBrite 5g color-changing pool lights and IntelliBrite spa lights feature LED technology—the wave of the future in energy-efficiency, lifetime value, quality of light and the ability to control it. With IntelliBrite, combinations of individual colored LEDs are mixed and matched to achieve a vibrant spectrum of colors.
These combinations are power sequenced to illuminate and cycle through colors at varying speeds, and in different sequences of color. Combined with a custom reflector and unique lens design, the IntelliBrite is the brightest and most efficient underwater LED light available.
- IntelliBrite 5g pool lights need only 30 watts to create the same light output as traditional incandescent and halogen pool lights at 161 watts. That’s more than 81% less!
- IntelliBrite spa lights use only 23 watts for the same light output compared to 47 watts for traditional lights. More than 50% less!
- Cool running LED lights are durable, solid state technology with no internal filament to wear out.
- Unlike many LED pool lights, the IntelliBrite lights continue to work even when a single LED fails.
LED White pool and spa lights
The IntelliBrite White LED lights are not only brighter than incandescent lights, it’s the brightest on the market. In addition, its extended service life and energy efficiency can make the savings really add up. IntelliBrite uses only 70 watts to create the same light output as a 500 watt incandescent light bulb. That’s 86% less energy used
Average swimming pool owners savings per year using the intelliflow vf pump and intellibright LED pool and spa light.
* based on a Texas resident paying $.10/kwh 1 pool pump (running12hr/ day) , 1 spa light , 1pool light ( on 4hr/day) 18,000 gallon pool with attached spa
Cost saving switching to LED lights
Operational saving of replacing 500w pool light, 100w pool light with 2 LED lights
$206.00/year Payback period for switching 1.9years
savings over the lifetime of the intelliBrite LED lights – $1,659.00
Cost savings switching to intelliflow VF pump from 1.5 hp single speed pump
Existing single Speed Pump
Turnovers Per Day-1.9
run time – 12.0 Hrs
cost / day – $ 2.48 Per Day
cost per year – $ 905 Per Year
ntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump–Estimated
Turnovers Per Day – 1.0 running at 1000 rpm
Run Time 17.6 hr
Cost Per Day -$.22/ day
Savings Per Day $2.26/day
Cost Per Year- $82.01/year
Savings Per Year – $ 823.00 / year
Savings Percentage – 91%
Total saving for replacing the single speed 1.5 hp pool pump and the 500w pool light + 100w spa light = $1029.00
12 Step Swimming pool gunite building process :
1. The preconstruction step includes finalizing the Pool design, securing the
Swimming pool building permit, and making sure the site has been properly prepared.
2. Paint and stake the pool in accordance with the dimensions on the technical plan
2. Remove concrete walks and patios if called for in the contract.
3. Set the pool beam elevation and grade with a transit.
4. Lay out the pool in accordance with the dimensions on the technical plan.
5. Excavate pool and remove soil from job-site.
6. Hand shape skimmers, lights, steps, loveseats, and benches.
7. Hand carve bowl and break.
8. Final trim and finish work.
9. Unless provided for in the contract moving or repairing underground utilities or sprinkler systems is the homeowner’s responsibility.
The two basic functions of swimming pool plumbing are to circulate and filter the water. The pool plumbing system in a swimming pool is self-contained and under normal operation does not need city water (except to fill the pool) or the sanitary sewer system (except for backwash).
Skimmers : Skim the pool surface of the water and remove floating debris. The size and design of the pool will dictate the number of skimmers needed.
1.) Minimum of (1) skimmers in each pool
2.) Plumbed and valved separately using 2″ PVC.
Main Drains : Draw water from the floor of the pool for circulation
1.) Divided into (2) openings with anti-vortex covers for safety as required by city codes
2.) Plumbed and valved separately using 2″ PVC.
Returns : Returns water back to the pool from equipment and push debris toward the skimmers.
1.) Minimum of (5) returns in each pool
2.) Plumbed using 1&1/2″ PVC
Steel rebar is 40-A615, in accordance with Texas steel grading system.
1. Steel reinforcing bars, (rebar), are placed on 8″-10″ centers each way through vertical walls and floor of the pool and 5″ centers in transitional areas and stress points.
2. “Box Beam” construction using four bars of rebar 1/2″ in diameter.
3. Steel is secured by sixteen gauge ties.
During the Gunite process pool depths, pool elevations and pool dimensions are set. Also pool benches and steps are hand shaped and formed.
1. Pool light niches and electrical conduit are installed.
2. Gunite will be 8″ to 10″ thick at walls and floor of the pool, 10″ to 12″ thick at transitional areas, (stress points), and 12″ to 14″ thick at the bond beam.
3. Broom finishing the Gunite creates a rough texture allowing the maximum adherence of plaster.
4. Equipment pad is installed (in most cases).
5. Homeowner should water the Gunite shell at least twice a day for seven days. This allows the Gunite to cure properly.
1. We ask that you make your selection as soon as possible. We will guide you through this process and bring you to the local tile showrooms and rock yards to ensure your material is the best quantity and exactly your style.
2. Special grout and mortar mixtures are used to prevent water from seeping through and eroding it’s base.
2. Brass conduit is used on all pool light fixtures.
3. A freeze protection device is installed on all pool pumps and filters for added protection against cold weather.
4. Light switches are placed near the back door of the house whenever possible.
5. The pool equipment is placed on a separate circuit to avoid an overload on any existing household circuit.
6. All metal within five feet of the water’s edge will be bonded (grounded).
The concrete swimming pool deck is poured around the pool after tile, stone, coping or brickwork is done. Decking usually takes three days to place. The first day, the area to be decked is formed. The second day an electrical bond inspection is performed by the respective city or county and the deck is poured on the third day in most cases.
1. 4″ concrete thickness.
2. 6″-8″ cushion sand.
3. 3/8″ steel rebar 17″ o.c.e.w..
4. Includes 4″ PVC drains and tie-in downspouts in pool area.
1. The interior of the pool is washed to remove all debris.
2. All pool fittings are installed.
3. Pool and Spa Light lenses are cleaned.
4. Tile is cleaned.
5. Pool is plastered and hand troweled with two coats of smooth marble finish.
1. After the pool is filled with water start up chemicals are added.
2. Pool deck is acid washed.
3. Mastic is installed between the coping and the decking.
4. Pool and Spa plumbing is labeled.
5. Pool maintenance equipment is delivered and cleaning system is installed.
6. The customer is walked through and trained on operation of all swimming pool equipment.